Whitetails were first imported to Finland from Minnesota in 1934. From that one buck and his four does, the population has grown massively and these days the annual harvest is over 20,000 animals. We live in the heart of the Finnish whitetail area and therefore whitetail hunting is closest to our hearts. Ville took the
These vintage gun adverts, found on the pages of Field and Stream Magazine during the 40s and 50s, demonstrate a post WWII era in which the demand for new hunting guns had not been seen before.
In a time when most families wouldn’t even have a television, let alone Facebook, this would be the first time that most keen hunters would lay eyes on a brand new model.
Scroll down to check out ten of the best vintage hunting adverts:
1. “But This One’s My Favorite” Savage, 1944
2. “Date At Dawn For The Man With A Winchester” 1946
3. “Give him year ’round fun” Winchester, 1958
4. “Smashing Power Will Get Him” Savage, 1947
5. “You May Be Missing Something” Winchester, 1947
6. “Jimmie’s First Gun” Remington, 1944
7. “You Can’t Beat A Savage, Jim” Savage, 1945
8. “Put An End To His Career Pronto” Marlin, 1944
9. “Gives More Than A Thrill” Harrington & Richardson, 1946
10. “No Limit For The Man With The Winchester” 1946
Sign up for our newsletter!
Get the best hunting stories directly in your inbox